Gibson Brands Forums

SG Special Pick Guard Options?

catass

So, I'm feeling froggy and decided to mod, a little bit, the SG Special I picked up.

I was debating on adding a pick guard to it & was wondering if the same guards for the Gibson SG's and/or other Epi SG's will work on the Special?

So, I'm feeling froggy and decided to mod, a little bit, the SG Special I picked up.

I was debating on adding a pick guard to it & was wondering if the same guards for the Gibson SG's and/or other Epi SG's will work on the Special?

Unfortunately, the bolt-on neck of the SG Special means the pickups are spaced differently, and a G400 or Gibson SG pickguard won't fit it.

Unfortunately, the bolt-on neck of the SG Special means the pickups are spaced differently, and a G400 or Gibson SG pickguard won't fit it.

Gotcha & I do appreciate the reply. I reckon I'll look around the forums to find the link I saw to the company that makes custom pick guards.

You essentially make your own from an EPI LP pickguard. This question

has now come up so many times, I'm putting the thread in the EPI

Lounge Do-it-Yourself" thread under making your own PG.... [thumbup]

OOPS - my bad. Thought I read LP Special. Not sure about SG Special. [crying]

thread is STILL going in DIY. Maybe you'll get some ideas?

Here's the thread link:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/54689-pickguard-for-epiphone-special-ii/page__p__730606__hl__spwcial+pickguard__fromsearch__1#entry730606

Archived