Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Double Neck switch help

elvtnedge

I recently bought a Gibson double neck copy. The way it was wired was wrong where each toggle switch changed the pickup configuration from neck/middle/bridge for that neck. So basically like having two les paul configurations.

The only way to change necks was to turn down the volume for that neck and vice versa

this is obviously wrong and my buddies and I were racking our brain for 2 nights trying to figure out why its not working and we have the gibson schematics.

My question is, I have heard I need a dpdt switch. Does anyone have a specific model number or know who might have them. A quick google search brought up some switches but I'd like them to be gold plated with the little black end piece so it looks the same as the other standard toggle switch.

I recently bought a Gibson double neck copy. The way it was wired was wrong where each toggle switch changed the pickup configuration from neck/middle/bridge for that neck. So basically like having two les paul configurations.

The only way to change necks was to turn down the volume for that neck and vice versa

this is obviously wrong and my buddies and I were racking our brain for 2 nights trying to figure out why its not working and we have the gibson schematics.

My question is, I have heard I need a dpdt switch. Does anyone have a specific model number or know who might have them. A quick google search brought up some switches but I'd like them to be gold plated with the little black end piece so it looks the same as the other standard toggle switch.

I'd suggest you look at ALLPARTS, PARTS IS PARTS or someone like STEW MAC.

I can't help you though as to how the main switch (neck1/neck2) is wired.

Others here will surely chime in with the right answers.

I got the right angle DPDT switch from stewmac and spent the last 5 hours trying to wire it up. The gibson schematic switch is laid out a little different from the switch I got I think and I can't get the right pickups to be on at the proper times. I even called over an electronics buddy and we're at a loss for words. I'm going to email stewmac with the schematic and see forsure if thats the right switch.

any others who can offer up suggestions? The biggest problem was when in middle position for pickups and neck, all 4 pickups should work and only the 6 string neck works. When you put a jumper they all work but then you can't separate them. Hard to explain. I've attached the schematic

EDS-1275sch.pdf

• 2 years later...

Archived