Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul 2010 Tribute

abilly73

Hello to all,

I just recently purchased the Les Paul 2010 Tribute. I know it has Switchcraft toggle and jack, I know it has Mallory 150 capacitors. What I want to know is are the capacitors the Les Paul .22 Standard and also are the pots Les Paul standard 500k. Also are the pots a no name brand, I thought I heard somewhere they were CTS but was never able to confirm this. I am doing some rewiring with it and wanted to confirm some things as to whether I will upgrade anything while I have it all out and apart. Thanks

I'm not 100% sure what the brands are but I believe the Volume pots are 500k CTS, thats what the local giiby tech told me, as far as the push pull tones pots go I dont think CTS make push pulls so they are probably 500k Alphas

I think the Dimarzio push pull are rebadged Alphas.

You can throw a meter on them to read resistance and taper.

• 1 year later...

Hello to all,

I just recently purchased the Les Paul 2010 Tribute. I know it has Switchcraft toggle and jack, I know it has Mallory 150 capacitors. What I want to know is are the capacitors the Les Paul .22 Standard and also are the pots Les Paul standard 500k. Also are the pots a no name brand, I thought I heard somewhere they were CTS but was never able to confirm this. I am doing some rewiring with it and wanted to confirm some things as to whether I will upgrade anything while I have it all out and apart. Thanks

I'd like to know too :)

There is no branding anywhere on any of the pots. The push-pulls just say "A500K", and the non-push-pulls say "B500K".

(My CTS push-pulls don't say "CTS" on them, either, but the casing does look shinier, for whatever that's worth.)

If you're pulling things out, why not just go ahead and replace them with CTS pots anyway?

Archived