Gibson Brands Forums

Location of a 3-way-switch on a sheraton 2

delek 99

Drill holes, basically. Through the top where you want the switch, and through the wood centre block by the pickup to get the wire through. You'll have to fish the electrics out through the treble side f-hole to de-solder the switch, lots of info on the forum on how to do that, and then put the switch back in through the bass side f-hole. A lot of fiddling about. While you were in there I'd consider replacing the wiring, pots and switch anyway, for better quality stuff like Switchcraft and CTS.

What would you do with the old switch hole?

yeah thanks vomer thanks for the input so its possible then just wanted someone to say it was so i can giv myself a headache trying to moving it!:) what im going to do with the old switch hole, put in a kill switch fills the gap and id say theyre good fun too. yeah i hear you on the change the wiring and pots, gonna get one of those pre wired harness' and put some tv jones classics in. have a bigsby b7 on without the tension bar gonna get a cream riviera stle pickguard made at pickguard heavan and a cream truss rod cover with the e logo on there cream or white not sure yet, tusq graph tech saddles in the tun-o-matic and tusq nut and last but not least the grover imperial tuners, maybe sperzel locking tuners but thinking imperials. I hope i can do it all my self without ruining the guitar, just dont want to leave the guitart in somewhere and not see whats going on!:)

Archived