Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Epiphone PR-775 CE

aprilwine1971

We have acquired my MIL's guitar collection following her passing. Researching this one before we decide to sell it or not. I can't find much info on it at all. It is an electric acoustic. Model number PR 775 CE. Has the crescent moon & star on the head. In great shape. She had mentioned having had this guitar for many years. Any info would be appreciated. I have a poor pic of it online right now that I will post below. It is on the left.

post-26970-000775900 1289276948_thumb.jpg

Dread style with cutaway, solid spruce top,abalone bound body and rosette, rosewood back/sides, mahogany neck, they stopped making them around 96 but for the life of me I can't find when they actually started to make them and I am not sure if they started making them again or not. Hope this helps you some.Ship..................oh and the average prie in excellent shape is about $200-350.

Thank you for the info. I could find ANYTHING online! It is a beautiful instrument, especially the abalone. You have pointed me in a good direction, now to decide to sell or not. Thanks!

Dread style with cutaway, solid spruce top,abalone bound body and rosette, rosewood back/sides, mahogany neck, they stopped making them around 96 but for the life of me I can't find when they actually started to make them and I am not sure if they started making them again or not. Hope this helps you some.Ship..................oh and the average prie in excellent shape is about $200-350.

Archived