Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson SJ-200 Issue that need to be addressed!!!

Charliel48

Hello Gibson Community.

My name is Charlie and I bought a Gibson SJ-200 3 months ago. Don't get me wrong this instrument sounds amazing accousticly and electricly. The big issue with this instrument is there is a buzzing sound coming from the pick up or fishman eclipse. I have addressed the issue with the Gibson company more than once and the problem has not been fixed. The first time I addressed Gibson with this problem, they just sent me a brand new Gibson thinking it would cure the problem. When I was playing my Brand new Gibson the problem persisted. I called Gibson again and told them the problem was still happening. Everytime you play notes on the 6th or 7th fret, you can hear the buzz coming from the pick up. They told me to take it to one of there warranty companies so they can fix it. So I drove 2 hours and finally made it to the warranty company. The guitar repair man said he couldn't fix the buzz coming from the Fishman Eclipse. He said it's because the way the Fishman is laying in the guitar and the way the guitar is shapped, the buzzing will not quit and nothing Gibson does will cure the problem. Leaving fustrated I called Gibson again. They told me to send it to them and they promised they would fix the problem. I just got my Gibson back today and the buzz is still there. I'm very fustrated that they're not taking this problem seriously. I love Gibsons products, but this guitar cost nearly $5000. This is a warning for people who want to buy a SJ-200. You're going to have to deal with a buzzing sound on the 6th and 7th fret. Since Gibson want take this problem seriously I will just tell people what they're going to expect when they do buy one.

Thanks

Charlie

Archived