Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Support Comes up Short

Brady

I'm not impressed with Gibson customer service. I purchased a '58 reissue Tom Murphy aged LP in September for $6,500. Mid November, the plastic jack plate cracked (who knows how). Called the warranty and repair number at least 30 times, left messages, sent emails and it was several days before I heard from them. I even went to the operator who said they were in a different building and all she could do was transfer me. When I finally did hear from them, I was told if you need a part, even if it was a warranty repair, you contact customer service. When I got in touch with CS, he said one would be shipped. 13 days after talking with CS, still no part. I sent an email and was received the following response on 11/30:

Hello Brady,

Parts normally take about 10 business days to go out. Custom shop parts tend to take longer. Your order is in the system, entered on 11/17/10, but has not yet shipped. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Roger Ball

Gibson customer service

service@gibson.com

We are talking about a small plastic plate that could have been mailed in an envelope. Call it what you may, but I don't call this outstanding customer service.

Archived