Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Case but for what?

homergreg

This old case was sitting in an estate sale and I was wondering what guitar(s) it fits. I'm guessing this one at one time had a steel guitar in it, because there was and old fingernail style pick, a Nick Manoloff guitar slide, and steel guitar sheet music inside, but I've been told it doesn't look like a lap guitar case. The case measures inside 40" long by 14 3/4" at the widest and right about 5" deep.

Thanks for any help!

P1040364.JPG

P1040365.JPG

P1040366.JPG

It looks like an original case for an LG model (LG-0, LG-1, LG-2, or LG-3). By the way, this case provides minimal protection and doesn't hold up well. Anyone buying one of these guitars today that cares about it in any way, shape or form will likely buy a modern hardshell case for it. The original one just takes up space in the closet.

It looks like an original case for an LG model (LG-0, LG-1, LG-2, or LG-3). By the way, this case provides minimal protection and doesn't hold up well. Anyone buying one of these guitars today that cares about it in any way, shape or form will likely buy a modern hardshell case for it. The original one just takes up space in the closet.

Thanks so much! I see what you mean, that is a pretty flimsy case to put such a guitar in! I appreciate the help!

Archived