Gibson Brands Forums

2006 Hummingbird Custom Koa w / art-deco tuners

skittleseer

I have a gorgeous 2006 Gibson Hummingbird Custom Koa. I noticed that newest ones have gold engraved tuner buttons. Mine has gold Grover tuners but I'm not sure about one thing. The buttons are either real or faux mother of pearl art-deco buttons. Should mine have the gold engraved tuner buttons? If not, are the art-deco buttons real or faux? How do you tell the difference? Thanks, everyone!

post-27964-093038700 1292645885_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I've seen them both ways. Have also seen them with the standard pickguard and the enameled one.

Now, I've seen them with hummingbird fret markers...... so if I had my druthers, I'd druther have the enameled pickguard, gold engraved tuners and the h'bird fret markers.... Maybe they're 2009-2010, notr sure. There was on on ebay that eventually sold for $3200, (I bid $3000). I won't let another get away from me.

I continue to search for a used one, but passed on one locally because it had an action problem, (although I offered the owner $2500 and I would have given it to my luthier. She eventually sold it for $2500.

I will continue to look.

Bob

Archived