Gibson Brands Forums

Anymore Black R0, R7, or R8 Owner's Out There?....

GuitarGuy503

I was just wondering if there were anymore black Historics out there (R0,R7,R8)? I'm an owner of a 2010 R8 (all black) and have only seen a few other black Reissues (2 R0's, 1 R8, and 1 R7). Having said that, are there any other black Historics floating around out there? If so, whatcha got? >> RO, R7, or R8? >> What year? >> Black back or natural back? :)

Here's a few of my Black '09 R0 - Sam Ash run. not many made and after we took it out of the box , I took it home. rare I think these are. It's all Black, Front , neck, back.Control cavities. I tryed putting on Black reflectors , I didn't like them so I switched them back.

It doesn;t have a real slim Taper neck ,but the little extra in the neck gives it some balls. I like it a lot.

This first pic was from the first full day it was at the house

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_1939_1.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

Here's a few of my Black '09 R0 - Sam Ash run. not many made and after we took it out of the box , I took it home. rare I think these are. It's all Black, Front , neck, back.Control cavities. I tryed putting on Black reflectors , I didn't like them so I switched them back.

It doesn;t have a real slim Taper neck ,but the little extra in the neck gives it some balls. I like it a lot.

This first pic was from the first full day it was at the house

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_1939_1.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

Looks great. Was it glossy like that when you got it or did you polish out the the VOS Finish? My R8 has the VOS finish on it.....

Looks great. Was it glossy like that when you got it or did you polish out the the VOS Finish? My R8 has the VOS finish on it.....

It was a VOS that I polished out, as much as I could without getting crazy about it. I never really liked the VOS or Aged stuff.

At least with the VOS you can get it fairly glossy, but with the Aged.... that what you have.

Archived