Gibson Brands Forums

Need help identifying year, ES-325

Ed.

I've narrowed it down to 1972 - 1975 but haven't been able to get enough information to properly identify it. The serial number is 180625 and was made in Kalamazoo. If theres anymore information required to properly identify it let me know. Also if anyone knows the approximate value that would be appreciated. It's not mint, definitely been played quite a bit. It has some pick scratches and a small ding, but no major damage. All the Hardware is original and has the original hardshell case.

Potentiometer codes is the best way to narrow down your era. Your looking for a seven-digit number off the back of the pots most likely starting with "137". The last four digits of the number are a date code for when the pot was manufactured.

Post your codes and I'll be glad to explain what information can be determined from them.

• 1 month later...

I've narrowed it down to 1972 - 1975 but haven't been able to get enough information to properly identify it. The serial number is 180625 and was made in Kalamazoo. If theres anymore information required to properly identify it let me know. Also if anyone knows the approximate value that would be appreciated. It's not mint, definitely been played quite a bit. It has some pick scratches and a small ding, but no major damage. All the Hardware is original and has the original hardshell case.

if you post photos i can help you out

does it have gibson embossed on the pickups

does it have double pinstripe binding on the body or a think white binding

which bridge does it have? thick bridge pins or 335 style tune-o-matic with thin bridge pins

what tuners does it have? singles or 3 in a row?

cheers

Archived