Gibson Brands Forums

UPS destroyed my 333

sneakerpimp

I feel bad for You ,

I do hope that the seller took out adequate (equivalent to selling price + shipping ) to cover issues like this

I have not sold a guitar for some time on ebay but always double-boxed , bubble wrap (Headstock got plenty)

and no shifting at all in the box (Even bubble wrap or support-cushion the headstock in the case )

( agree its on the seller and poor packing and UPS drop kicker ) they say prepare your item to have up to 10+ boxes

and well over 100 pounds on top of yours *Christmas shipping advice posted on Fed Ex, UPS or USPS

I think Fed Ex does a better job but who really knows the claim % (other than their actuaries )

You have rights on ebay and with Paypal, I sure hope it works out 100 % I stopped selling on eBay

for the most part (after a package did not arrive (I fully insured it though) and the buyer walked me through the claims

process (imho he got the two 1940's HO train cars with brass wheels and even real brass springs and couplers

and imho he got the two cars and reimbursed (My bad though on one aspect being trusting, Person stated only address

was a P.O. Box which negates some forms with the postal service (IT took 6 months to get the $ and no hassle from buyer

ha * never again and always listed No P.O. Boxes will be shipped to and stuck with Fed Ex or UPS and I paid the insurance too!

We sold on ebay when paypal was not even there yet or could be not a option, 1996 we started and ? when stopped selling, occasionaly buy a item or two now

no high dollars though

Best and Don't GIVE UP! Ever !

ambienttales

eusa_think.gifeusa_wall.gifmsp_cursing.gifmsp_confused.gif

added info-

I am so glad that ebay ruled in your favor and that no $$ hit was taken though certainly a very stressful situation ,

Peace

ambienttales

smile.gifmsp_biggrin.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived