Gibson Brands Forums

Differentiating Between the ES Models

doscazadores

I'm still very new to the Gibson guitar line but have been looking at the ES models. I have my eye on an ES 335 but am not sure it's the right one for me b/c I've seen so many other ES models. Can you tell me briefly about what separates them? other than the model number that is. Is there somewhere online that has this information available? I've held and played this ES 335 and the neck is great for me and the action amazing. I guess I should stop sweating it and go with what seems to fit me, but one of my many faults is the need to be absolutely sure about things like this.

• 1 month later...

Never mind. I'm buying the 335. :-)

A really good choice! Are you thinking about buying a new or a vintage? You could look up Gibson ES-345, it's a stereo guitar and it has a Vari-Tone for many different tones. Check out Fretted Americana on YouTube, Phil X plays alot of ES models.

• 9 months later...

Never mind. I'm buying the 335. :-)

You won't regret it. I bought one years ago and never played it until about 5 years after I had it. I've played close to 500 gigs on it since, including a year on Royal Caribbean cruise ships. I retired it a year or so ago and now gig my '64 strat mostly, but there is only one place to get that 335 tone!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived