Gibson Brands Forums

gibson pickups

jgviolante

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum, so if this question has been kicked about prior, forgive me. I am somewhat confussed as to various pickups available for the Les Paul and SG guitars of Epiphone. I am into classic rock and blues guitar. I want to replace the pickups on both guitars and don't know if I am aiming at the Classic '57 series or the Burstbucker pro series of pickups. I would have to travel about an hour and a half to two hours to hopefully find a shop where I could hear them. I like a driving deep rythem neck sound and the biting solo bridge sound. Is there a site that provides sound samples for these pickups? Also, do these pickups distort on there own, or through a box? Thank you for your help, I do appreciate your responce. I have a few Fender Strats, and have replaced the pickups in three of them with various DiMarzio & Symour Duncan, heavy rock on one, heavy blues on the other, mixed pickups on the last. I also have a few different amps for sound, Fender including the Bandmaster, and a rack system with Marshall pre-amp.

jgviolante

Archived