Gibson Brands Forums

LP Prophecy GX Bridge Make Question

firemanjerry

Hi all, just got a Epi LP Prophecy GX a couple weeks ago and like all my guitars I want to install Graph-Tech Saddles on it. My question is does anyone know the make of the LockTone Tune-O-Matic bridge on this beast? I went to the Graph-Tech site and for the EPI/Gibson bridges there are about 10 variatons. I could find out my self but probably won't be changing the strings and removing the bridge for a couple months maybe. So if anyone knows this info it would be really appreciated.

It uses a "LockTone" bridge made by Epiphone (or made for Epi under their license). My Prophecy SG has the same bridge. I bought a set of the GraphTech Super Saver Saddles for mine about 6 months ago. I can't remember the part number but if you call graph tech just tell them you have the Tune-O-Matic with the "Epiphone" cast into the bottom of the bridge (mine did anyway). They'll know which saddles you need.

Just so you know the GraphTech Saddles are lower than the orignal steel saddles. So you will have to re-adjust your bridge height to correct the action. This was the case on my SG anyway.

The saddles dampen the low frequencies a tiny amount. Other than that there's no difference in tone.

Good Luck

Archived