Gibson Brands Forums

Reissued artist series question

Zane16520

Hypothetically, if VOS and Aged artist reissues were to be available at the same price which one would you choose? The reason I am asking is because I have been advised that Aged should be kept (not played) and VOS should be played

I think that All Gibson guitars were made to be used. The ones you may not want to play much are the signed issues. As not to mess up the sig. An aged guitar is already been worn and any thing you might do to it ,in most cases would not be noticed. The VOS is a players guitar and to be used and made to look like an Aged. The Aged and Signed are different omly when you want to sell it. It's the sig that gives the Bump in value.otherwise It's the same as an Aged. Than there are collector guitars , like the Ulitma , which if I were to buy 1 I'd never use. It's really a show guitar.But I'm sure it's a fine player.

I'd get the Aged guitar I think, But I also like a new guitar so that's a tuff 1 to answer. Even with a vos, in a little time it's gonna get some markes and stuff on it . At the same price the Aged has a higher resale value, so if you don't keep you guitars to long, that might be something to consider. If you keep them , than age it yourself.

I think that All Gibson guitars were made to be used. The ones you may not want to play much are the signed issues. As not to mess up the sig. An aged guitar is already been worn and any thing you might do to it ,in most cases would not be noticed. The VOS is a players guitar and to be used and made to look like an Aged. The Aged and Signed are different omly when you want to sell it. It's the sig that gives the Bump in value.otherwise It's the same as an Aged. Than there are collector guitars , like the Ulitma , which if I were to buy 1 I'd never use. It's really a show guitar.But I'm sure it's a fine player.

I'd get the Aged guitar I think, But I also like a new guitar so that's a tuff 1 to answer. Even with a vos, in a little time it's gonna get some markes and stuff on it . At the same price the Aged has a higher resale value, so if you don't keep you guitars to long, that might be something to consider. If you keep them , than age it yourself.

Thanks for your insight and it's very helpful. I have made up my mine already that the wAy to go is Aged unless I couldn't get them VOS would suffice.

Archived