Gibson Brands Forums

Do you remeber the first time you got drunk?

daveinspain

If I'm ever sober I'll let you know [wink]

No in all seriousness, I was 17 or so and on a bender after a gig of course it involved a large bottle of Jack Daniels that I drank as much of the bottle as I could before I got too drunk to hold the bottle.

I was pretty lucky I didn't die actually not only from Alcohol poisoning, but apparently I turned to my friends and thanked them all for a great evening and stepped out of the van. Sadly we were still driving down a pretty major road and doing about 25 mph. If I would have been sober I would have broken several bones as it was, I was just fine. I just woke up the next morning covered in dirt and grass stains from the side of the road and wondered what the hell had happened.

Sadly I didn't learn that lesson very well and spent most weekends for several years in the same condition until I was about 22, then a young woman I met decided that I really needed to slow down if I wanted to live very long. Really glad she came along and that she stayed stayed, Sunday will be our 29th wedding anniversary

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived