Gibson Brands Forums

SG Custom with Maestro VOS

sellen

Always wanted this beauty, and i may skip summer vacation and get it. But as there are no dealers around me having it i have to order it on Internet. And i get a bit confused on different info on it. Some say 57 classic pickups as said on Gibson site. Others say burstbucker 1-2. Gibson site says nothing about whats kind of fret or nut width. This guy that posted a comment on Gibson site says this about the frets" Additionally the frets are a wider flatter variety than thore found elsewhere in Gibson's line". Is that what they call "jazzFrets"? How are they for rock and blues bendings? Other things are some says rosewood neck other say Ebony. It is the white SG Custom with Maestro VOS i want. Is there Anyone that have this one and can tell something about it?

421637.jpg

New ones should have BBs 1 & 2. The wider frets make bending easier. They're the same frets that are found on every historic Les Paul and SG. Try and get your hands on a historic LP (since they're common) to see if you like the frets. Customs have ebony boards.

New ones should have BBs 1 & 2. The wider frets make bending easier. They're the same frets that are found on every historic Les Paul and SG. Try and get your hands on a historic LP (since they're common) to see if you like the frets. Customs have ebony boards.

Thanks man, that cleared up my mind. I'm ashamed to say that i haven't really seen or thought it over before now the different frets that my Angus custom sg and Sg reissue 61 USA got.

Archived