Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Elegant Tone and Feel

GreenSparkleLPC

The 2000 Elegant I had was not thin nor bright. It didn't sound too much different than a Standard other than a more woody tone. The neck was a bigger 57 profile which I really liked. Pickups, pots and caps can warm one up if it is too bright.

The neck was a bigger 57 profile which I really liked.

Interesting. I had heard from others that the neck profile was somewhere between a '59 rounded and a '60s, more on the thin side but not quite the '60's slim, so I was curious to know how they felt (comfort, speed, barring, bending). Did the Elegants not all come with the same neck profile?

Interesting. I had heard from others that the neck profile was somewhere between a '59 rounded and a '60s, more on the thin side but not quite the '60's slim, so I was curious to know how they felt (comfort, speed, barring, bending). Did the Elegants not all come with the same neck profile?

It is from the Custom shop so almost any neck profile can come on any of the models, but generally, you are correct that most Elegants came with a thin profile. The bigger necks seem more comfortable to me. I am not a speed player but the bends seem easier on the bigger profile. But I don't like the huge baseball bat profiles either. With any guitar, you must try it.

It is from the Custom shop so almost any neck profile can come on any of the models, but generally, you are correct that most Elegants came with a thin profile. The bigger necks seem more comfortable to me. I am not a speed player but the bends seem easier on the bigger profile. But I don't like the huge baseball bat profiles either. With any guitar, you must try it.

Thanks again for the help!

Archived