Gibson Brands Forums

Options to pair with Burstbucker 3

CohaagenChris

Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of advice. I've got a burstbucker 3 to put in my Washburn HB32. The guitar currently has stock pickups in, a set of Washburn 623 & 621 pickups.

I mainly play rhythms with the bridge pickup so I'm not too concerned about the neck sound but I appreciate its unlikely either of these pickups will pair well with the burstbucker.

I'm thinking of putting a burstbucker 2 in the neck position but it's a bit pricey so was wondering if there were any other options. Would a 490R for example go well in the neck with the BB3 in the bridge or is there another option of something a bit cheaper than a BB2 that would be worth considering?

I hope you can help, thanks in advance.

Chris

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of advice. I've got a burstbucker 3 to put in my Washburn HB32. The guitar currently has stock pickups in, a set of Washburn 623 & 621 pickups.

I mainly play rhythms with the bridge pickup so I'm not too concerned about the neck sound but I appreciate its unlikely either of these pickups will pair well with the burstbucker.

I'm thinking of putting a burstbucker 2 in the neck position but it's a bit pricey so was wondering if there were any other options. Would a 490R for example go well in the neck with the BB3 in the bridge or is there another option of something a bit cheaper than a BB2 that would be worth considering?

I hope you can help, thanks in advance.

Chris

[thumbup] bb2

Archived