Gibson Brands Forums

Best year(s) for Epi gold top

latebloomer

I'm not sure what years but the Korean made lp's seem to have a pretty solid rep for being pretty good. Hope that helps.

Thanks, I'm considering a 2002 MIK. At first I was unsure about MIC, but I picked up one of those MIC Classic Vibe Teles that everyone raves about and am super impressed with the build quality, even the stock switch and pots -- so it's got me thinking differently about MIC.

Thanks, I'm considering a 2002 MIK. At first I was unsure about MIC, but I picked up one of those MIC Classic Vibe Teles that everyone raves about and am super impressed with the build quality, even the stock switch and pots -- so it's got me thinking differently about MIC.

I think there are probably good and bad from both places. I think the quality in china is getting better and it will continue to improve with time. The best advice I can give you is to go play it and see how it plays. It doesn't really matter where its from as long as as it plays, feels, and sounds good to you. And yes, the Classic Vibes are very good for what they are. They are right on par if not better than the made in mexico strats and teles.

Archived