Gibson Brands Forums

Joe Bonamassa / Black Country Communion

CR9

The show in St. Louis last night (6/13/2011) was great. Joe was fantastic and used a lot of different guitars. The 59 burst looked less red in person than in some of the photos because of the stage lights. One of the very few shows I have ever seen that didn't have the players walking back and tweaking the amps. I didn't see them touch an amp all night and the sound was perfect. I just wish there would have been more people at the show but it was not promoted very well by the local radio stations and stores. Glenn Hughes sounds just as great as the old Deep Purple days and really belted it out on Burn. Jason Bonham is one fantastic drummer. Derek Sherinian was great on keyboards.

Check out the web site: Black Country Communion Their second CD comes out today.

Joe and BCC, Thank you for playing Burn. I mentioned to the guy I went with that it would be really cool to see Hughes sing Burn again. I had no idea it would happen. The last time was about 40 years ago.... And a big thanks to Joe for touring with a burst. The "Killer Vintage" shirt was a nice touch.

Crappy cell phone photo. I should have brought the good camera but I was there to enjoy the show not take photos.

JB-STL.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Archived