Gibson Brands Forums

Did I dream it....

gentleman_kryz

Hi folks, I'm hoping one of the experts on this forum will be able to help me clear up something that has been annoying me for years.

When I was 14 or so I used to go to the local guitar shop after school and look at all of the beautiful instruments. One guitat in particular has stuck in my mind ever since and i can't quite find an exact match on the Internet, leading me to wonder if I mis-remember it completly.

Anyways, the description. I belive it was a Firebird (reverse model) with a really attractive bluck and gold sunburst. I think the body was thicker than a normal firebird and I belive it had three normal size humbuckers, as opposed to the mimi humbuckers seen on non-studio firebirds. The hardware was all gold and the headstock was the ornate Les Paul type.

The closest I have got in terms of a matching guitar is the 1981 Firebird, but I haven't seen any with three pickups, and also the Gibson RD Artist looks fairly similar to my minds eye.

This would have been in about 1997 and I vividly remember the price was £620 then.

Thanks for all of your help, even if it is to tell me that I'm crazy or that I'm actually remmebering a knock off by some other company!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived