Gibson Brands Forums

EF500-RCCE 60 cycle hum!

Blitz-D

I purchased this from Sam Ash in New Haven CT on 4/30. The guitar plays beautifully and has been great until about 3 weeks ago. It seems that the nanoflex pickup hums like crazy. The nanomag is quiet, so I can play using that pickup, but really like the blended sound much better.

So, my gut instinct is: I should take it back to Sam ash to address the issue.

Is this correct, or is there a "simple" fix?

Thanks in advance. I traded in my Martin for this guitar as I needed the wider neck. My hands don't work quite like they used too!

Blitz-D

I have the same guitar. On my fourth one everything worked exactly the way is should. But that was after 3 exchanges and sending one back to Gibson. I had to work directly with Gibson Customer support, return the guitar to them and wait a few months for the next lot to be manufactured. After receiving the replacement, I took it to my Luthier had him level the frets and dial it in......it is now a fantastic playing guitar. That's all well and good; however, IMHO, a consumer shouldn't have to go though as much as I did to get a good guitar right out of the box. Gibson really needs to work on their quality.

With all the above said, it is a wonderful playing guitar and I've had zero problems with the electronics. If the electronics go south on mine, I'm going to replace it with something else.

Best of luck with your

CHuck

Archived