Gibson Brands Forums

EJ-200 help!

madferit

Hey guys,

I just recently put a new pair of strings onto my EJ-200 and when I got to the last string the 'e' I wasn't really paying attention and by the time the string got set into place I noticed that the bridge pin was a little uneven and slanted. I'm wondering if this is a cause for concern or will it be ok? My main concern is that it might put pressure on the wood causing it so the pin won't fit properly next time I change strings. I was thinking I should get a replacement string for the e and do it right this time, what do you guys think?

Blake

Hey Blake,

It's normal to have the bridge pins uneven (one is higher than another,.. ect.) after changing strings, but I'm not sure what you mean by "slanted". That may or may not be a problem. Perhaps you could post a picture?

• 3 weeks later...

I bevel the tip of the bridge pins at slight 45 degrees, so that the string ball will seat properly and not get hung up on the tip of the pin. I also have notice that some guitars have the bridge pin holes drilled at a slight slant, so is that what you are seeing?

Archived