Gibson Brands Forums

Custom order specs, whats possible?

Kman93

Hey everyone, So Im a avid Explorer fan, I use them alot and As much as I like them, I find them..Bland.

So Ive heard that you can order a custom guitar from Gibson Custom directly. Is this true?

But more importantly, if this is accurate, what kind of options could I pick?

Ill tell ya what I want, I want a Explorer, Cherry Sunburst with Flame Maple Top, Ebony Neck, Custom shop Block Inlays,

Abalone Binding on the WHOLE guitar, body, neck, and headstock. 3 Burstbuckers, and a Bigsby tailpiece, all in gold.

Now I can safely say this would cost almost as much as a new car XD but Can Gibson Custom do this for me??

There are acoustics coming out of Bozeman much more elaborate than that.

For custom orders as far as normal things, like different woods or different specs on the components, I understand the prices are actually pretty cheap.

If your pocketbook is deep, I can't imagine they would not be able to.

You can not order directly from Gibson. You must have a Gibson Custom dealer submit your specs to Gibson. Gibson will discuss them with a team of employees and them contact the dealer. Your "best" chance in getting one made is to contact one of the Custom Shop super dealers. None of the special orders are cheap unless it is just a color change to one that is a normal production color. With a few changes, you can easily double the price of the guitar. I have had a few custom orders done over the years by dealing with a large volume dealer, but my changes were not far out. An ebony neck may be out of the quiestion unless you meant an ebony fret board and that shouldn't be a problem. Your specs seem pretty good. Contact a Gibson Custom Shop dealer and have them request a quote.

Archived