Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone EJ200 Nut & Saddle

JB_

Hi all,

I have been lurking on these forums for quite a while and I decided to register today :)

I have an Epiphone EJ200 and would like to change the nut and saddle for a different material. I was looking at Graph Tech and found out they have a large variety of pre-slotted nuts. Before I order, I would like to know if these two would fit my Epiphone. I have been searching on google for a bit, but did not find anything. (I probably suck at searching)

The nut is: GRAPH TECH PQ 6060 00 SLOTTED NUT

And the saddle is: GRAPH TECH PQ9200CO ACOUSTIC SADDLE

Now the nut is specially made for Epiphone's, but they dont have a saddle specially made for Epiphones. I did find a Gibson one but they don't sell it at the place I'm ordering. I wonder if the one I'm ordering now will fit? On the Graph Tech website it states it's compensated for Taylor guitars.

And while I'm at it, would the same nut also fit in my Epiphone Les Paul?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Normally replacement nuts and saddles do not fit exactly and need to be shaped according to the width of the neck. It would anyway be the best to buy a blank nut and have a luthier cut the slots once the nut has been fitted on the guitar. Please keep in mind that hammering out the original nut is not without risk; possible lacquer damage)-

Kind regards,

Stijn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have been lurking on these forums for quite a while and I decided to register today :)

I have an Epiphone EJ200 and would like to change the nut and saddle for a different material. I was looking at Graph Tech and found out they have a large variety of pre-slotted nuts. Before I order, I would like to know if these two would fit my Epiphone. I have been searching on google for a bit, but did not find anything. (I probably suck at searching)

The nut is: GRAPH TECH PQ 6060 00 SLOTTED NUT

And the saddle is: GRAPH TECH PQ9200CO ACOUSTIC SADDLE

Now the nut is specially made for Epiphone's, but they dont have a saddle specially made for Epiphones. I did find a Gibson one but they don't sell it at the place I'm ordering. I wonder if the one I'm ordering now will fit? On the Graph Tech website it states it's compensated for Taylor guitars.

And while I'm at it, would the same nut also fit in my Epiphone Les Paul?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Here is what I did with mine. I took it to an experienced luthier and had the plastic swaped for bone. He slotted the nut and also cut the saddle so that I got the fast action I was looking for. He also cut the saddle for each string inividually to get the intonation dead on. There is no variation beteen the 12th fret harmonic and the fretted note. If you are considering a DIY to save some cash, don't. Save it up. Including the purchase and instalation of a Fishman under saddle pickup with preamp and and sound hole controls I came in at about $320 and it rivels the punch, boom, sustsain, and tone of an SJ 200. Eyes closed comparison and I couldn't tell wich guitar I was playing.

Archived