Gibson Brands Forums

Acoustic-Electric pr7e

capitainedeslaids

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I have a black Epiphone acoustic-electric pr7e/tbk and I want to sell it. But, I cannot find another one online. Are these rare? Where can I find information on prices, etc.? I only find the pr5e's.

I found this link to someone who was selling one back in 2004. It includes a picture. The picture shows what looks just like a PR5E, except that the connection jack includes both a 1/4" phone outlet and an XLR port and much fancier wood. I'm guessing (and this is purely a guess) that the XLR connection, and possibly the upgraded wood, are what separates the PR7E from the PR5E.

They probably didn't sell a lot of these but the big difference is that the PR-7E had birds eye maple for a top also differnt electronics and were a better made guitar then the PR-5's were. These will sell for bit more then the PR-5 any where from a low of $200.00 ( average65-80% with the usual wear and tear you'll find on most used guitars ) to a high of around $400.00 ( excellent grading near perfect 85-95% with no to very little pick marks or scratch's and no real dents ) depending on conditioning and if you have the case also.ship

Archived