Gibson Brands Forums

I failed

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest farnsbarns

I was supposed to launch the new Big Country website yesterday. We failed to get everything together in time. In fairness, we only recieved a spec for the last section 48hours prior to the scheduled launch but I still thought we'd do it. This is the highest profile job to date and I am gutted to have missed the deadline. Their new single is out on Sunday so now its a case of getting it done for launch early next week, maybe even by Sunday.

Yeah....

Publication deadlines have been held over my head for 46 years. I think you've just gotta ignore their reality so you don't go too fast and induce error that slows stuff even more. @#$%@#$%@#$

m

Last year I missed my first finish date ever. Not bad for a construction super, having dome maybe about 60 jobs as the super and been involved with about twice that before. It was not my fault as the schedule was altered by the customer not making decisions in a time to allow the job to be on time. But it still hurts. I can totally relate.

I think deadlines are important, as I see so do you. There is no substitute for making a deadline. But I think it is just as important that the final product be of quality, and that the customer like it, and also that the customer SEE your hard work. If they are able to see a high amount of extra effort and see the reasons for it, they might have a greater degree of trust in you knowing you may be able to prevent being late in the future.

Archived