Gibson Brands Forums

Spirit GT Pro Standard pickups

paolofanin

I just ordered a Spirit GT PRO Standard from an online shop, with the pickups HB SC HB.

In the Steinberger site I found that the Standard has HB SC SC and the Deluxe has HB SC HB....

The shop told me it is an original model, so anyone can explain me this?

Paolo,

as the pickup configuration is the only difference between those two models (as far as I know), and the distinction has been this way since the old Music Yo days, I'd say: your shop is wrong, they sold you a Deluxe model. I wouldn't doubt it's an original, the names "Standard" or "Deluxe" are nowhere printed on the guitar.

Bernd

Well. It is kinda strange because the have three Spirit GT-PRO in catalogue.

1) Spirit GT-PRO STANDARD HB SC SC euro 269.00

2) Spirit GT-PRO STANDARD HB SC HB euro 269.00 (the one I ordered)

3) Spirit GT-PRO DELUXE HB SC HB euro 299.00

So, it there is a mistake from them, I just saved 30 euros and they have an issue in their catalogue system, right?

Paolo,

as the pickup configuration is the only difference between those two models (as far as I know), and the distinction has been this way since the old Music Yo days, I'd say: your shop is wrong, they sold you a Deluxe model. I wouldn't doubt it's an original, the names "Standard" or "Deluxe" are nowhere printed on the guitar.

Bernd

So, it there is a mistake from them, I just saved 30 euros and they have an issue in their catalogue system, right?

I'd say: yes. Lucky you :)

Is there any difference in the Standard (HSH) and Deluxe (HSH) description on their website?

Bernd

Archived