Gibson Brands Forums

When COA has been edited ? (To admin)

Flamed Froggy

Hi admin,

I'm about to sell my R9 from 1997. My buyer don't trust me and ask me a COA. But in 1997 Gibson didn't edit any COA. Could you tell me the first year of COA please.

What's the way to proove that my R9 is authentic ? I have my invoice but nowadays it's easy to make a fake. Plus the store where I bought it went bankrupt two years ago.

Hi,

Although I'm not the admin, I think I can answer this question also. We started issuing COA's in 1999 with the 40th anniversary R9.

If you would like us to identify your R9, and roll the serial number in our database, please send us the following pictures:

* Photos of the instrument in JPG format as an attachment (please limit to 2MB total size for all pictures together, as a bigger total size will not reach us) – full front, full back, as well as close ups of the front and back of the headstock, with the serial number clearly visible.

You can send the pictures either to service@gibson.com or service.europe@gibson.com for example.

Kind regards from a non-admin Gibson member

Thank you so much for answering. I'm gonna shoot my R9 ASAP then I'll send the pictures to service.europe since I'm a froggy.

FF

Hi,

Although I'm not the admin, I think I can answer this question also. We started issuing COA's in 1999 with the 40th anniversary R9.

If you would like us to identify your R9, and roll the serial number in our database, please send us the following pictures:

* Photos of the instrument in JPG format as an attachment (please limit to 2MB total size for all pictures together, as a bigger total size will not reach us) – full front, full back, as well as close ups of the front and back of the headstock, with the serial number clearly visible.

You can send the pictures either to service@gibson.com or service.europe@gibson.com for example.

Kind regards from a non-admin Gibson member

Archived