Gibson Brands Forums

Lockng tuner reccomendations for a 96 Sheraton ??

Neil_K

Hi all,

Looking to put locking tuners onto the now rebridged Sheraton. Does anyone know whether Sperzel locking tuners are a direct fit onto this guitar? My targets are either Sperzels, Grovers, or Schallers. I like the shape of the Sperzels' knobs best.

Thanks...

I'm not familiar with the various models or types of tuners you mention, but one way to find out if new tuners will fit the existing holes would be to take off a string, and remove and measure the existing bushing diameter, then compare it to published hole size requirements/specs of desired tuners.

Some tuner bushings are somewhat larger than existing headstock holes (also the attachment screws may be located differently) so fitting aftermarket tuners often requires some tools and resizing work to be done.

For new tuners that may have smaller diameter bushings, there are oversized bushings available from various suppliers.

Regards,

Bill

Hi all,

Looking to put locking tuners onto the now rebridged Sheraton. Does anyone know whether Sperzel locking tuners are a direct fit onto this guitar? My targets are either Sperzels, Grovers, or Schallers. I like the shape of the Sperzels' knobs best.

Thanks...

Archived