Gibson Brands Forums

Replacement R0 reflector knobs - where/how to get them?

Kølabrennern

Good evening (well, it's night here now),

I've been on the lookout for gold reflector volume/tone knobs, the ones that come stock with the R0s, but it seems rather impossible getting hold of any replacements. I know of the aftermarket knobs priced at $120+, but that's just not an option. The ones that have a machined looking top are readily available in most online stores, but the ones with a shiny chrome top are completely impossible to come by. I've went to several Gibson dealers here in Norway, but the response I get is usually that they can't get hold of them because the national distributor (Luthman Scandinavia) is doing a beyond lousy job with...distributing.

So where do I go from here? Is there any way at all to order a set of Historic spec. reflector knobs from Gibson, or do I simply have to go the Vintage Clone route?

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Nope, like the polished looking ones in this picture:

reflectors.jpg

This also shows the difference between what I'm looking for and the ones that are easily available. The ones with the brushed looking top can be had for cheap in almost all stores that sell parts, but they don't look as nice to me. The polished ones are almost impossible to come by. There exists one brand that I know if; Vintage Clone, but they sell for $120 per set and that's a little expensive for some plastic parts if you ask me. I was hoping that maybe Gibson offered replacements of their stock parts, but what do I know. I would also be glad to buy the stock set of someone who has upgraded their R0 with aftermarket or real vintage parts, but no one seems to be offering up, even with me being willing to pay international shipping.

Thanks anyway!

Archived