Gibson Brands Forums

Question to Admin

kees

Hello Admin,

Can you validate and give me the history of the folwing serial number: CS 89808

It is supposed to be a Les Paul Ultima, blue body. (I own 3 of those beauties but do not recall it has ever been released in a blue colour)

Best regards, Kees

I'm not the admin, but i think I can answer this question also.

CS stands for Custom Shop, and the first digit would refer to a guitar from 2008; the rest of the digits stand for the place of the guitar in the total production, which is thus number 9808 normally.

I don't think I have seen a LP Ultima in blue before, but it could be a custom order. However, if you would like to know how the serial number is registered here, please send us the following pictures:

* Photos of the instrument in JPG format as an attachment (please limit to 2MB total size for all pictures together, as a bigger total size will not reach us) – full front, full back, as well as close ups of the front and back of the headstock, with the serial number clearly visible. Also of any inside labels that the instrument may have.

We can only give you information on how the serial number is registered here together with pictures of the guitar, for security reasons.

Please send the pictures to service@gibson.com or service.europe@gibson.com

Archived