Gibson Brands Forums

LP Custom 2008 neck profile

kyxap

Horrible pictures but that is a real LPC. They have rounded profiles and are fatter than a USA '50s neck.

I had owned previously a SG Standard and one of reasons for sale was a fat neck. Is this neck fatter than SG Standard?

Most likely. Fatter than any SG Standard I've ever played...keeping in mind that necks do vary quite a bit.

Aren't there any music stores (or Guitar Centers) near you where you could go and play one?

unfortunately no

• 1 month later...

Hi; I'm new to this discussion but saw the thread from Kxyap regards his LPC; usually the Alpine White fakes have a dead giveaway - the pickup securing screws. Most fakes have gold ones (like Epi's) but real CS have matt black philips screws; if stil unsure take the cover off and chec the wiring and pots - the wiring from the jack socket (always gold NEVER Chrome) should go straight to the pots; on the fakes it goes straight through to the pickups. Also take the truss rod cover off; you'll know a fake because the bottom screw fits to fresh air and the top of the truss rod is about two inches into the neck. Hope this helps

Archived