Gibson Brands Forums

1955 Les Paul Hot-Mod!!

nicolasrivera

Bought it as an "used" instrument but in never played new condition, she has zero scratches or marks, came with all the paper work and in the original Gibson box!

What first attracted me was the incredible top, it has a little of everything, is off set as this series is intender to represent a time where Goldtops where being modified to look like burst's and one was to find beautiful mismatched flame tops under the gold coat.

Second thing i was curious about was the neck profile offered only on this limited series copied from an original 1955 neck, it has a soft V profile with very soft shoulders and fat. I think is a very comfortable neck that allows a great grip and makes it easy to play fast runs.

The color is Brockburst/Bourbon and its incredible, really digging this color a lot, the back and sides are deep bourbon too which is limited to just a few.

Comes with a nylon nut and all the recent tweaks for recent Historics.

The fretboard is beautiful, deep color and beautiful grain, very different from my other Les Pauls.

Frets are great, not thin or too wide or too tall, action can be as low as you want it and this one came with 9's so it feels fast, but will change it to 10´s because they are just better sounding for a Les Paul. Neck Dimensions: .916 at 1st fret - .989 at 12th fret

Weight: 8.77 lbs and feels just right.

Sound wise i was very very surprised about the burstbuckers that came with it, far from my not so pleasant experience with previous ones this sound very nice, have a great range and harmonic content, not harsh.

Acoustically it resonates great.

In conclusion i feel this guitar will not see any kind of artificial aging on my part, it is just too beautiful and glossy, but i have already changed some things like the rings, the pickups, the bridge, the tail piece, the poker chip, the switch ring, the switch tip and the tuners. Inlay i think will be left alone, they don't look as bad as the ones my other Les Pauls had, but far from vintage looking.

The overall quality from the Gibson custom shop on this guitar is flawless, i could not find any problems with the finish or set up what so ever.

Here she is!

IMG_9384.jpg

IMG_9383-1.jpg

IMG_9382-1.jpg

IMG_9381.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_9372.jpg

IMG_9378-1.jpg

Archived