Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Bass...What is it???

Solder U

I aquired this bass a while ago as a project and I have recently started working on it since aquiring a PV bass I can play while this one is out of commision. anyway, I have been trying to figure out what it is for a while now and the only indication on the bass I have found so far is a Gibson logo on the truss rod cover plate. No serial number, no nothing. anyone have any idea what this thing is?

EpiphoneBass.jpg

Hi

and welcome here [thumbup]

though I'm not a bass player

it could be this

http://epiphonewiki.com/index.php?title=Power_Bass

YUUUP!!!! Thats it. I have an Epiphone Power Bass that some jerk sanded off the label cause they didn't want ppl to think it was a piece. HHMMPH!!!! lol, Honetly, I'm going to hit is with some 3000 grit and rubbing alchohol on the headstock and see if maybe the writing was merely painted over. on the off chance that it was I might be able to save it. If not I need to make new labels. I'm hoping it was made post '89 so I have the solid Maple body.

Cool looking bass. How does it play & sound?

It plays pretty nice for what it is. The fret board started coming off and I've had to do some fret work to it to make it playable. But it will be a player when I get through with it. Can't wait to make all the upgrades to it, but I got to finish the six guitar projects I'm working on. A Bullet Strat, an Indo Squier Strat, 2 Les Paul Copies, a Dean Avalanche, and a Jimmi Hendrix Monterey Strat Tribute.

• 2 weeks later...

So I decided that this guy needs to find a new home. I have to many projects going on currently to work on this one, and with the acquisition of a USA made Peavey 5 string and a ton of parts to build a P Bass I no longer need this thing sitting around waiting to get modded. Its already found a good home and just waiting to leave me.

Archived