Gibson Brands Forums

rocksmith

dont know if this is the right forum, if its not then sorry. has anyone tried the rocksmith video game? i bought it because i dont have anyone to jam with and im basically a bedroom player, i must say its actually a cool game, it wont replace a teacher and it wont replace playing with other people, but its got some cool stuff. some of the artists ive never heard of but they have some pretty jamming songs, they also have some mainstream artist to download on xbox live, like boston, allman bros, megadeth, and others. its got a scale mode to practice scales, chord mode to prctice chords, it has a feature called riff repeater, if you have trouble with a song you can do riff repeater and it will play the section your having trouble with, starting out slow and the better you do the more notes it adds until you finally get the whole thing, it wont add notes until you can play what it gives you without mistakes. its cool and it got my guitar off the wall hanger and in my hands, not a bad deal

I have it too.....I like it.....like you said, probably wouldn't replace a teacher for a new person, but it's a lot of fun, and I like how the songs get progressively harder as you nail passages of the song.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This game is amazing! It's super fun and a really quick and easy way to learn. You can go through all the practice modes and put it on what ever percent speed you want. If you kind of know the song or you're like me and can't stand to sit there note for note, then you put it on a higher percentage and it will keep bumping you up the more you get the notes right. The songs are like your typical guitar hero songs but they're pretty fun to jam to. Only one down side, when ever I'm just jamming or practicing now, I always end up playing outshined by soundgaurden. It was the first song I played on there and I played it SOP many times it comes out every time I touch a guitar.

• 5 months later...

I just got a PS3 and Rocksmith for christmas, I love it, it let's yyou use your own real guitar. Not like Guitar Hero at all with those cheesy plastic button things. Only been playing around with it a couple days but i'm really having a blast with it so far, I highly recomend it for honing skills and beginners looking to learn.

Archived