Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul custom sunburst sparkle p 90

lpstudflametop

Good evening everybody!

I'am a knew member and hope to find some informations about a LP sunburst sparkle with P 90 PU, I bought last week, the number is CS 77089. I would like to know as much as possible about it, The finish is thin: I can feel the flitter through the surface and a "line" between the binding of the neck an the wood of the neck. The neck is what I would call "fat" but very well playable. What does "hand made" mean, I read somewhere else that sparkle ones are sprayed by hand? How much of this version with p 90 were produced? I love it - the sound is like 69 woodstock: from The Who to Carlos Santana to Joe Cocker - "Sympathy for the devil" is even cool... I had the possibility to play it over a Reussenzehn tuned Marshall half stack an those nice little Fender amps: unbelieveable - from an ice pick straight between the eyes to an acustic sound - absolutely great.

The finish is not so "poppy" (I was afraid of) more like a friendly warm sun on a fresh morning, sometimes I must open the case to take a look at her...

Thanks a lot, hope I had not made to much mistakes - poor old school english - sorry!

With best greetings from germany.

Tommyguitar

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

It's maybe a one-off guitar, or one of the guitars that were made in limited numbers.

It would be of great help if you could maybe send us pictures:

* Photos of the instrument in JPG format as an attachment (please limit to 2MB total size for all pictures together, as a bigger total size will not reach us) – full front, full back, as well as close ups of the front and back of the headstock, with the serial number clearly visible. Also of any inside labels that the instrument may have.

You can send the pictures to one of the the following emailaddresses:

service@gibson.com

service.europe@gibson.com

Archived