Gibson Brands Forums

Paint Job

strattwin

I think there are two ways of looking at that finish. I really like it.

I actally think it is too red near the cutaway and the toggle switch.

If you ordered it online "I am assuming that as you are now questioning the finish",

and are wondering if you like it, send it back. Never wait, time is not on your side with any of those issues.

Feel your way around the binding and make sure it feels nice and even. My biggest gripe has been

aggressive shaving of the paint from the binding (neck and body) after painting , they then the shoot

the clearcoat over it.

I think there are two ways of looking at that finish. I really like it.

I actally think it is too red near the cutaway and the toggle switch.

If you ordered it online "I am assuming that as you are now questioning the finish",

and are wondering if you like it, send it back. Never wait, time is not on your side with any of those issues.

Feel your way around the binding and make sure it feels nice and even. My biggest gripe has been

aggressive shaving of the paint from the binding (neck and body) after painting , they then the shoot

the clearcoat over it.

Thanks, appreciate your feedback!

I don't know about anyone else, but I really like the color just as it is. Every paint job is unique, appreciate it and enjoy it.

Well said Deacon Blue. I'm over it now. Momentary OCD cured. Now I'm just going to plug in and rip it up!

Archived