Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Sorrento

Markus Femling

Hi! A friend left this nice Epiphone Sorrento for me to try out. He´s our drummer and he didn´t want it just to hang on his wall. Action and playability is very good, and i like the sound of the P-90´s. I haven´t tried it at high volumes yet, but rumour says it get´s a lot of good harmonic feedback when distorted. According to my mate the guitar is made in Japan and from the late 1990´s. Any info on the model would be much appreciated.

(i like this guitar, it weighs nothing, plays very fast and the body is just 44 mm thick and it just looks so good)

post-23143-087273900 1328996526_thumb.jpg

Late-'90's sounds about right for those. They also came in some non-traditional (for archtops) colors in addition to sunburst--I've seen them in Pelham Blue, Surf Green, and Burgundy Mist. I think they were made in Korea rather than Japan, but I could be wrong about that. Being fully hollow, it will feed back with too much gain and volume, but isn't that why Ted Nugent plays Byrdlands?

Thanks a lot for your answers. Well, country of origin does not matter to me, as you say, Peerless has a good reputation.

I changed the strings today to 10-52 and the dog ears sounded so good and it plays so fast. I will try it at full volume tomorrow at rehearsal, and i hope it will have plenty of nice feedback.

I love the tailpiece but would really like to install a Bigsby. I´m quite addicted to the Bigsby on my Swingster.

Archived