Gibson Brands Forums

Can someone please tell me about this guitar?

Joseph

I bought this guitar for $350, I've looked it up a ton, And I can't seem to find out anything about it. It's a Led Zeppelin epiphone les paul special ii. Can someone please try and help me figure out what I really have here?

DSCF0001.jpg

(I know, This picture sucks, I can't get a better one as my camera is cheep.)

Hi, Joseph, welcome to the forum. There isn't enough detail showing in your pic to be able to see what you have. There are some very knowledgeable members here who can identify most Epiphone models.

A couple of tips, if I may suggest.. natural daylight will improve an image.. taking pictures outdoors even on a mildly bright day will greatly improve the pics, or if you can place the guitar near a window or open door with daylight coming in, that should provide much better results.

Another good source of "close to natural/white light" is fluorescent lighting.. I find using CF lamps (compact fluorescent bulbs) rated as daylight or sunlight will provide excellent lighting for cameras while maintaining mostly correct color levels. Cool white and warm white fluorescent lamps aren't as good for camera lighting in my experience.

The sunlight and daylight CF lamps are typically rated over 6000 degrees Kelvin which will yield very good photos.

Ordinary incandescent bulb lighting is fairly dark (cold Kelvin temperature) for taking pics showing proper colors.. much of the light from incandescent lamps is infrared, which isn't a good substitute compared to whiter fluorescent light.

BTW, a tip for minimizing blur is to rest the camera device on something solid, stationary or at least somewhat stable.. examples include a chair back, edge of a table or counter, or a post. Even holding a camera supported against a stick or pole (monopod) touching the ground/floor will help stabilize a camera device much better than just holding it supported by arm muscles.

For guitar model identification, pics of the front and back of the headstock, as well as body shots, are very helpful.

Bill

I bought this guitar for $350, I've looked it up a ton, And I can't seem to find out anything about it. It's a Led Zeppelin epiphone les paul special ii. Can someone please try and help me figure out what I really have here?

(I know, This picture sucks, I can't get a better one as my camera is cheep.)

Its most likely an aftermarket graphics job that was done for a competition prize or something of the like. Usually, if Epiphone does something like this, they advertise it on their blog. Epiphone does do contract graphics jobs for special events and competitions, but I did not find anything on this guitar.

Archived