Gibson Brands Forums

Dear Gibson - Regarding Your 1965 Firebird VII Reissue

DuaLeaD

Though Gibson's website has a lot of eye-candy, it does not let you view the particular model you are looking at in ALL available colors (unlike the old setup of the site a few years back). You are lucky to even get a link that says "Features", much less list or even view available colors. This to me, is BASIC information that we as loyal customers should know before shelling out four-digit prices (which seem rocket upwards every year with no end in sight). So I started by calling the Gibson Customer Service number which proved absolutely useless. Every question I asked was met with, "You're going to have to ask your dealer". I know Gibson does not sell direct, but this is YOUR product. At least transfer me to someone at the Custom Shop who can answer some quick questions before I bomb a small fortune on my dream axe. So my next course of action was to go to my local dealer "Dietz Music" in Lincoln, NE who I have maintained a great relationship with for years. I have bought many instruments from there and they inform me that Gibson does not send catalogs anymore. So what am I supposed to do?

It seems to me, if you're going to bring back a guitar from the past, reissue the original colors (12 in this case) as well. My dealer said that on their last phone call with Gibson, the rep stated they only offer the 1965 Firebird VII in Polaris White. Are you kidding? This guitar is already going to cost me $4200 and I need to shell out hundreds of dollars more money for a custom order just to get it in Pelham Blue with chrome hardware (even though the Firebird V comes with chrome hardware). I mean, it's not like I'm asking for anything crazy. These are parts and colors that you already have....

Someone from Gibson please get back to me on this one and also knowledgeable customers who have previously worked with Gibson Custom Shop (this is my first Custom Shop order)!!

Thank You!!

Sincerely,

Gibson Fan for Life XD

Archived