Gibson Brands Forums

So how does the serialization of Custom Shop guitars work?

teknikAL

So how does the serialization of Custom Shop guitars work? I am the original owner, no authentication needed, purchased from one of the highest volume Gibson dealers on the East Coast at the time. I would just like to decipher the "code" and find details like date and place of manufacture . I am assuming they are from the Nashville Plant.

I have two that I would like to decipher as listed in my signature.

1993 Gibson USA Antique Natural 3 piece burl top Custom Shop Model# LPS 3NAGH 1 Serial# 92443473. There is a decal on the heel/headstock "Limited Edition Custom Shop".

and

1991 Gibson USA TV Yellow Custom Shop Les Paul Custom 30th Anniversary Serial# 90191461. There is a decal on the heel/headstock "30th Anniversary Custom Shop". It also has the 30th Anniversary Abolone inlay on the headstock.

Any info on deciphering the serials would be appreciated.

Check out this page: Serial numbers

92443473 was made the 244th day of 1993 in the Nashville plant if it is an electric (or Memphis if it is an ES style guitar or Bozeman if it is an acoustic. Kalamazoo was closed by then)

90191461 was made the 19th day of 1991 in the Nashville plant if it is an electric (or Memphis if it is an ES style guitar or Bozeman if it is an acoustic. Kalamazoo was closed by then)

I am assuming they are electrics and they would have been made in the Nashville Gibson USA plant.

Guys jump in and correct me if I am wrong on this.

Archived