Gibson Brands Forums

hummingbird mc

rocket88

modern classic hummers come with grovers and a lr baggs and white labels right? mine is a 2006 with grovers,lr baggs with soundhole volume etc but has a orange label and historic binding over fret ends.. it is not a historic collection model though,its definately a mc with the pickguard pattern inside the pickguard and the honeyburst finish.I think i got a modern classic variant.What do you think??

You got the standard production Hummingbird (Gibson Montana didn't introduce the "Modern Classic" and "True Vintage" versions until 2007, and yours was made in 2006.) 2006 standard production Hummingbirds had the three features you describe: under-the-saddle pickup, "protected" pickguard, and nickel Grover rotomatics.

...real acoustic guitars are cherry red and have little birds on the pickguard...

You got the standard production Hummingbird (Gibson Montana didn't introduce the "Modern Classic" and "True Vintage" versions until 2007, and yours was made in 2006.) 2006 standard production Hummingbirds had the three features you describe: under-the-saddle pickup, "protected" pickguard, and nickel Grover rotomatics.

thanks for your info,appreciate it.

Archived