Gibson Brands Forums

Bridge Parts, XL5A

Trevor4274

First post on a not-so-active board, but here goes. Thanks in advance for your help.

Recently one of the bridge parts failed on my XL5A and I need a replacement.

1. Not sure the part names, so if anyone knows a company reference sheet that names the parts, pls let me know.

2. The failed part is the piece that receives the ball-end of the string...the slim metal part of that piece which restrains the ball end gave way, releasing the string.

3. Any leads on where I can find parts would be great. I know it may be on eBay (not enthusiastic about that but...) but if Gibson supports the brand maybe they keep informed. One can hope!

4. I haven't deconstructed this bridge but I have an extra 4-string bridge (I had converted one of my XLs from a 4- to a 5-string), and on that bridge, the way to access the housing of these string retainers is via three bolts underneath it, requiring removal of the whole bridge. Pls confirm this is the same with the 5-string bridge.

Sent you a PM , I think I might be able to help.

First post on a not-so-active board, but here goes. Thanks in advance for your help.

Recently one of the bridge parts failed on my XL5A and I need a replacement.

the part names, so if anyone knows a company reference sheet that names the parts, pls let me know.

2. The failed part is the piece that receives the ball-end of the string...the slim metal part of that piece which restrains the ball end gave way, releasing the string.

3. Any leads on where I can find parts would be great. I know it may be on eBay (not enthusiastic about that but...) but if Gibson supports the brand maybe they keep informed. One can hope!

4. I haven't deconstructed this bridge but I have an extra 4-string bridge (I had converted one of my XLs from a 4- to a 5-string), and on that bridge, the way to access the housing of these string retainers is via three bolts underneath it, requiring removal of the whole bridge. Pls confirm this is the same with the 5-string bridge.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived