Gibson Brands Forums

B.B. King Super Lucille

Artisan

Hello all,

I have what I beleive is a 2002 B.B. King Super Lucille.

as described here:

http://www.gibson.com/press/usa/pr/usa_memphis.html

http://www.gibson.com/press/custom/product/lucilleseries/ARLSBSGH.jpg

The serial number is '02002xxx'. According to the Gibson Guitar Dater, this guitar was made on July 19th, 2002. Production number 414.

I came in a black case with a BB King Signiture on it and a blue crushed velvet interior.

It did not come with a certificate of authenticity.

I have read that there were only 67 of these made even though Gibson intended to make 100, and apparently not all have BB's signiture.

Mine has it on the pickguard as shown in the picture.

I have seen others like this that were issued at Nieman Marcuss and had certificates of authenticity.

I am hoping someone out there knows something about these guitars, and would be willing to share that info.

Fist question is does anyone know if there was supposed to be a certificate that came with this guitar.

Second question is how can I authenticate this?

Final question, how much is one of these things worth?

Thanks

The serial number would normally indeed refer to a guitar from 2002, made on day 200 of that year 9the 19th of July, stamped as the 14th instrument that day at the factory.

However, if you would like to know how the serial number is registered here, please send us at service@gibson.com or service.europe@gibson.com the following pictures:

* Photos of the instrument in JPG format as an attachment (please limit to 2MB total size for all pictures together, as a bigger total size will not reach us) – full front, full back, as well as close ups of the front and back of the headstock, with the serial number clearly visible. Also of any inside label that the instrument may have.

We can only give you information on how the serial number is registered here together with pictures of the guitar, for security reasons.

We can then also send you more information about the specifications of the guitar.

The guitar would normally come with a COA I think. Did you purchase the guitar through an authorized dealer, and if yes which one?

Are you the first owner of the guitar?

The serial number would normally indeed refer to a guitar from 2002, made on day 200 of that year 9the 19th of July, stamped as the 14th instrument that day at the factory.

However, if you would like to know how the serial number is registered here, please send us at service@gibson.com or service.europe@gibson.com the following pictures:

* Photos of the instrument in JPG format as an attachment (please limit to 2MB total size for all pictures together, as a bigger total size will not reach us) – full front, full back, as well as close ups of the front and back of the headstock, with the serial number clearly visible. Also of any inside label that the instrument may have.

We can only give you information on how the serial number is registered here together with pictures of the guitar, for security reasons.

We can then also send you more information about the specifications of the guitar.

The guitar would normally come with a COA I think. Did you purchase the guitar through an authorized dealer, and if yes which one?

Are you the first owner of the guitar?

Thank you very much, I will definitely send pics to that email.

I purchased this guitar about a year ago from a dealer in Florida.

I do not know if he is an authorized dealer but we definitely purchased this item from someone else and resold it to me.

It did not have a cerificate of authenticity.

It did have something interesting in the guitar case that leads me to believe that the original owner may have been from Ontario Canada.

I collect Gibson guitars and as such I can say that judging from the quality and sound that it looks, feels and sounds real.

I would really like to authenitcate it if possible.

I look forward to getting info from you.

Thanks again.

Archived