Gibson Brands Forums

Does anybody have a interesting hollowbody/archtop Gibson guitar for sale?

Robie

Hi!

I'm looking for a great hollowbody guitar.... all of interest.... I'm considering many models but something vintage would also be great. I'm basically looking for something cheap but I have the money to buy anything I want if it's interesting.. Anything out there for sale?

Kind regards,

RobiE

Norway

Best of fortune finding one. Most buyers in this experience tend to hold onto their Gibson hollowbodies until they are no longer in this realm. You can always find great used ones ad Gruhn's Guitars, and they surely ship to Europe..

Hi!

I'm looking for a great hollowbody guitar.... all of interest.... I'm considering many models but something vintage would also be great. I'm basically looking for something cheap but I have the money to buy anything I want if it's interesting.. Anything out there for sale?

Kind regards' date='

RobiE

Norway[/quote']

I have a semi-hollow 1985 ES 335 DOT reissue' date=' Antique (Natural), highly detailed maple, Custom Shop, MINT.

Metal parts show signs of aging. Plays beautifully. I am trying to find where can I get a going price for this beacuse I need the money. [/quote']

Just so you are clear on what you have: it's NOT mint if it shows any signs of aging whatsoever. "Mint," in guitar sales, means what it does in the sale of old coins: it looks like it just came from the factory (or the mint, when referring to where coins are pressed).

As far as going prices, take a look at ebay, and keep in mind that all ES-335s are designated Custom Shop guitars so you basically can look at the used prices for 1980s-era ES-335s, unless you have some sort of documentation to show your guitar was some sort of special order. Also try looking at gbase.com where retailers post their inventory. Lastly, check local shops in your area: see what price they are getting for similar guitars. Keep in mind that figured top ES-335 Dots are selling new for less than $2800 in most places. Antique natural might get $3200 new, so an '80s-era 335, depending on its quality, most likely will sell for substantially less.

Ignatius

Archived