Gibson Brands Forums

Country Deluxe

icebox

Totally new to the forum. I joined because I can't seem to find much info about this model Epiphone anywhere and figured I'd ask here. I do own a Country Deluxe and have for a few years now and I'm on the fence about it. It's a beautiful guitar but the width of the neck is a little big for me. Anyone else tried or own one of these wanna chime in? Thanks.

I have almost zero experience with them myself (limited to appreciative gushing "oooohhh" and "aaahhhh" sounds). More info with these links:

http://www2.epiphone.com/images/N_CDGP.pdf

http://epiphonewiki.com/index.php?title=Country_Deluxe

They have a 25.5" scale and 1.75" nut width, probably the reason for your neck issues. You don't see many of them up for grabs which suggests they are highly valued by their owners. Actually, perhaps I shouldn't have said that. Maybe instead I should say "they're real rubbish, not worth having, but because I'm a real nice guy I'll give you $50 for it". Wanna shift it for a vastly undervalued price?? [woot]

I had one for a few years, the Chet Atkins version in flame orange. It was gorgeous, probably the best looking guitar I have ever owned. I mistakenly thought it would have a somewhat rockabilly tone because it looked like a Gretsch, but with the center block and Elitist humbuckers, it didn't really sound much different than a 335. I also had some trouble switching between it and other guitars with standard nut width. So I sold it. I have recently picked up a Gretsch 5122 and plan to drop some TV Jones filtertrons in it to satisfy my Country Gent GAS.

Just sayin' 'Welcome' icebox...

(bad SY!... bad naughty SY!!... you are making us look like we are all decendants of convicts or something down here!!!... WAIT!!!! [scared] )

... I'll give you $75 icebox [biggrin]

Ha, fantastic fellas! Thanks for the welcome. Yea Gunner, it is kinda awkward going from this to a different guitar isn't it? I'm a bass player and thought this spacing would be good for me but it trips me out every time. ButI still love it. $50? Lemme think about it. Nope!! LOL

Archived