Gibson Brands Forums

L6-S case?

gt40mk2

Hi! John here in Toronto. J-45 bought in1971, stolen in 1975. On my deathbed I want to be told what happened to it. I don't care, as long as it made people happy.

1978 - rented an L6-S for a few months, then bought it. And I'm still playing it 34 years later. Anyone who knows anything about guitars praises the sound of it.

Now, I need a new case to help assure another 34 years of safety for my good friend. Any leads on that? I tried a company recommended on this forum - TK I think it is - but they said only customs for an L6-S.

Thanks!

Hello John,

at the moment I am around the Gibson vintage L6-S, and new L6S topic. I have found cases here in Europe, too, but most of them are worn and torn, and they charge an arm and a leg for them despite of condition. I sometimes wonder what happened to the instruments they had sheltered once. Perhaps they found a better place to dwell meanwhile, or I hope so at least.

Did you already try at the Gibson service? They make an electrically redesigned L6S now. Except the headstock, size and shape appear to be the same. They come with a nice case - made in Canada! Perhaps you might get one as a spare part since it actually is in production. Just a thought...

Good luck,

capmaster

Archived